About the Power BI for financials course
In our Power BI for Financials course you will learn, from a senior financial, to compose an interactive dashboard with (pivot) graphs and slicers. The information comes from various sources, such as from linked Excel tables, from text files or from databases. You will learn how to apply the most efficient solution within excel (function, PowerPivot, Power query) for suitable reporting.
Why Power BI for Financials?
This program is tailored by and for financials. Nowadays financials lose valuable time with gathering and transforming (big)data. During the training you will learn how will do most of the work for you. Which makes the step to Power BI relatively small.
Transform and load your financial data the way you want with Power Query. Refresh all sources with a single click or, even better, automatically in the Power BI Service! Furthermore, you will create relations between sources and tables to connect all your resources to meaningful data within the DataModel. From there on you can calculate measures and KPI’s with DAX.
Thereafter you are able to present all your data with meaningful visuals and tables with visual filters to customize your selections in the dashboards. Publish to PowerBi.com to share your insights! During the course you will build several dashboards/reports for sales analysis and P&L reporting.
What can you expect?
During this course you will learn, from a Senior Financial, how to apply the most efficient solution within Power BI (functions, DAX, visuals, PowerQuery) for suitable reporting, continued by a Step by Step discovery of the important tools that Power BI has to offer to visualize your financial data and KPI’s. And a firm introduction into DAX and data modelling.
Controllers, financial analysts, Excel power users and future end users who want to increase the quality of their work and save hundreds of hours along the way. And learn to work with Power BI so you are able to present and share your company’s financial insights.
Learn, practice and build sales analysis dashboard and a financial dashboard from scratch based on a business case. Step by step instructions and exercises.
Save hundreds of hours on reporting while increasing the quality on that reporting and create interactive dashboards which speaks for themselves. Spend more time as business partner instead of scorekeeper! Using strong visual effects, it’s clearer than ever.
Course: Power BI for financials
Number of days: 4 (18:00 – 21:30)
Computer system: Windows only
Location: Amsterdam, Den Bosch, Rotterdam, online
Rating: ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆
Inhouse training possible: Yes – more info
Investment: €695 (ex VAT)
Apply now to secure one of the 8 seats!
Program Power BI voor financials
- PowerQuery, let Power BI do the work, combine and transform with ease!
- Create a data model and use millions of records.
- Connect to all types of systems and resources, whether it is stored in the cloud or on premise, whether it is a database or an Excel file. Power BI Desktop has hundreds of connectors for every conceivable data source.
- Transform and manipulate this data in no time using Power Query. Transforming data to make it suitable for reports does not take hours, but just a click.
- Understand the basics of data modelling to create relations between the various data sources in the Power BI DataModel.
- A firm introduction into Data Analysis eXpressions (DAX), the calculation language from Power BI to calculate measures and KPI’s for your reports
- Put it all together and create interactive dashboards with beautiful visual effects.
- Share this data with everyone via desktop, web or mobile on PowerBi.com including info on various licensing options.
‘I am based in the Treasury Department and my day-to -day tasks includes downloading thousands of data on the fixed income markets from Bloomberg system which should be then filtered, processed and finally visualized. I would like to express my appreciation and my full satisfaction on the course, I am really comfortable with the materials and so excited to start building my own Treasury reports after the course completion.’
Diederik van Kolfschoten has a strong background as a Business Controller. He started at KPMG and continued his profession at Atos Consulting. Meanwhile he got passionate about Excel, especially how Excel can do the work for you. In 2015 Diederik started as an Interim Professional and designed several courses for Excel.
Diederik van Kolfschoten
Why Power BI for financials at Staan Academy?
Ability to combine
with full-time job
Small group –
max 8 participants